Federal Retirement Team
We help federal employees avoid costly mistakes with their retirement.
Understand Your Benefits
Government employee benefits are extremely confusing... Let us help you navigate the details.
Evaluate Your Options
Evaluate all your options before making critical decisions with your hard-earned retirement savings.
Plan Better For Retirement
Create a well thought out plan for retirement that gives you and your family peace of mind.
Federal Retirement Specialists
As cousins and best friends since birth, Tyson and Greg have worked together helping people with important financial decisions for over fifteen years, and partnered in early 2008 to serve federal employees exclusively.
In this ever-changing landscape of federal benefits, their experience and expertise has been trusted by thousands of federal employees to guide them toward a worry-free retirement.
Having met with thousands of federal employees over the last decade through seminars, face to face visits, and countless hours tied to the phone, they have a perspective that very few people can compare to in regards to what has worked and not worked for federal employees to avoid surprises and mistakes with your critical retirement decisions.
What We Cover
The Important Parts of Federal Retirement
Between ages 50-65 alone, your FEGLI rates will increase by approximately 500%. We have encountered countless federal employees who were shocked and disappointed when they learned that they could no longer afford it and had nothing to show for it. These details are just the tip of the iceberg of what you will learn in your benefit review.
- How much life insurance coverage do you have?
- Do you know how to read the codes on your check stub?
- How much life insurance do you need?
- Are you over insured?
- Are there better options available to you?
- Are you wasting money that could be better allocated?
Your pension is the backbone of your retirement income. Clarity on your minimum retirement age, the amount you will receive, the deductions that will come out, survivor benefits, and ensuring that your spouse can keep health insurance after your death are all issues that are paramount in avoiding surprises and mistakes.
- Do you know when you are eligible to retire based on your age and start date?
- Can you afford to retire at your minimum retirement age?
- Do you know how much to expect in retirement income after deductions?
- Do you know the best time to retire?
- Will you receive the FERS Supplement?
- Are you making the right decision regarding survivor benefits to ensure that your spouse is taken care of?
- Have you bought back your military time? Should you?
While the TSP is great for accumulation due to its low fees, payroll deduction, and match, you will eventually enter the preservation and distribution phases as you approach retirement. Being educated on the best options available to you will ensure that you have an objective approach to handling market volatility, inflation, and passing your hard-earned money to your heirs in the most efficient manner.
- Do you fully understand the funds available to you within the TSP?
- How will your fund allocation keep up with inflation?
- How will your fund allocation perform in market downturns?
- Do you have access to your money when you need it?
- Are your heirs protected?
- Are there options available to you that would better fit your situation?